HDMI stopped working on Aspire S5

peachyveitchy
peachyveitchy Member Posts: 2 New User

Hi there,

hope someone can help - I plug my S5 into an external monitor using the HDMI adapter provided with the S5 - it's always worked fine in the past... however went to plug in today and nothing comes up on the monitor.

I've tried to troubleshoot - I plugged the laptop into the tv with a cable I know works and still no output, so must be a problem with the HDMI port on the laptop - given the laptop is relatively new, well looked after, and USED to work fine, I don't have any reason to believe it's hardware related, I think that something must have happened to the driver, maybe when windows updated as these happen automatically and I've read that people upgrading to Windows 8 pro have had HDMI problems.

When I plug the HDMI adapter in, it's not being recognised by the S5 - I've tried playing around with the windows settings - but it won't detect a monitor, and when tweaking the Intel settings also doesn't recognise the external monitor...

I've tried to find the driver, but there is no specific HDMI driver I don't think - I downloaded the VGA intel driver from the acer website thinking it might help, re-installed, but again no joy..

... not sure what else I can try...? any ideas appreciated!

Acer Aspire S5

Windows 8 (standard that comes with laptop)

Many thanks

Answers

• HK53T
    HK53T Member Posts: 767 Die Hard WiFi Icon

HDMI would be though video driver

if port does not work, need to call for service center - Contact technical support in your region - Acer Service and Support

• peachyveitchy
    peachyveitchy Member Posts: 2 New User

thanks - I have emailed them now... am guessing by the lack of responses this isn't a common fault

• dd051959
    dd051959 Member Posts: 7 New User

I am having the same problem with my Aspire if you get an answer please do share and I will do the same.

This discussion has been closed.