GTX660 in Acer Predator g3620: "No Signal."

TracksuitHitman
TracksuitHitman Member Posts: 3 New User

Recently I purchased an MSI GeForce GTX 660 for Christmas. I placed it inside the computer, exchanging it with a GT 630. Everything is plugged in correctly, etc. I turn the computer on, and I receive the message: "no signal." So, I did some lurking. I've updated the BIOS (flash and all, whatever), turned off Windows 8 Secure Boot, upgraded the power supply to 630 Watts, disabled the drivers for the GT 630 and uninstalled it, and still nothing works. The computer boots up, but no signal is received. I even placed the 630 back in, and everything works normally.

I've spent all day attempting to get it fixed, but of course, none of the suggestions work.. I'm ready to launch the video card into the road. HELP ME!

*P.S: All of the specs for the computer meet the GTX 660's requirements.

*P.S.S: I've viewed another post on this forum before I created this thread, nothing there worked either.

Answers

• Charitha
    Charitha Member Posts: 131 Enthusiast WiFi Icon

Hi,

Please try the below steps.

1) Power on the PC only with Onboard VGA. (without Separate VGA Card)

2) Do the total Shout Down 

**** Setting > Change PC Setting > General > Click "Restart Now" Under "Advanced start-Up > Turn off Your PC

3) Now Remove the main Power code & fix the GTX660 VGA Card.

4) Connect the VGA Cable to the particular VGA Card 

5) Now power on the PC.

Hope this will help you

* It is very impotant to do the total shout down in Windows 8 installed PC , before do the any changes in the PC or laptops.

Thanks

• TracksuitHitman

Thank you, we will try this soon. 

• TracksuitHitman

This didn't help. Same outcome.

• finlux
    finlux ACE Posts: 1,834 Pathfinder

Hi TracksuitHitman

If you've tried everything to no avail, then the graphics card itself may be faulty.

If you can, try the card in a different PC, just to make sure. If the problem persists there, then return the card back to the store you bought it from for an exchange.

This discussion has been closed.