Factory Reset for used ACER Iconia W3

britz
britz Member Posts: 2 New User

Purchased an ACER Iconia W3 used from someone who inherited it and knows little/nothing about it. The password provided doesn't work, and I need help doing a password reset or factory reset. Not sure what should have shipped with this item if it were new, but I only have the tablet with Windows 8 loaded. I purchased a USB to micro adapter so I can attach a flash drive, but in following the reset wizard instructions, an error occurs. Any help will be much appreciated!  ~BRitz

Best Answer

• padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓

a) are you talking about a BIOS password or a Windows password ?

b) did you reciver the recovery DVD that came with the W3 when new ?

If a Windows password, just reinstall everything from the DVD. If a BIOS password try really, really hard to find what it is else it will need to go to an Acer repair facility.

If you do not have the DVD and it is just a Windows password, you can order a replacement from http://store.acer.com/store/aceramer/en_US/eRecovery (if a different country select from store.acer.com and then eRecovery.)

Answers

• padgett
    Answer ✓

a) are you talking about a BIOS password or a Windows password ?

b) did you reciver the recovery DVD that came with the W3 when new ?

If a Windows password, just reinstall everything from the DVD. If a BIOS password try really, really hard to find what it is else it will need to go to an Acer repair facility.

If you do not have the DVD and it is just a Windows password, you can order a replacement from http://store.acer.com/store/aceramer/en_US/eRecovery (if a different country select from store.acer.com and then eRecovery.)

• jamesbotkk
    jamesbotkk Member Posts: 7 New User

Sorry to ask you

I have a W3-810 and do not have a langyage package disc. I wonder if you have it???

• padgett

I received one DVD only for my W3. There are a number of optional laguage packs available at Windows Update.

• britz
    britz Member Posts: 2 New User

I ended up taking it to a repair facility. Not sure what else they did besides reinstall Windows 8, but said it was a challenge!

This discussion has been closed.