Defective C7s and you want to charge us to repair them?!

jamieglass1
jamieglass1 Member Posts: 2 New User

Our school district recently received 50 Acer C7 Chromebooiks. 2 of the 50 were defective out of the box. I called my reseller, he referred me to Acer warranty support. I sent the units in per their instructions all neatly bubble wrapped and secure. I received an e-mail today saying that they (Acer) want to charge me $200 for a cracked LCD. The unit was defective before the box was opened.  I called "customer service" and they affirmed that Acer assumes no liability and will gladly charge me for a unit that never worked.

I have been buck passed and treated poorly as both an IT professional and customer.

Acer, you have failed at engineering & customer service and you won't get a dime. If my school district is not fully compensated with replacement units and an apology free of charge, then I will voice this experience on every IT forum known to man.  Shame on you.

[edited for privacy]

Answers

• jamieglass1
    jamieglass1 Member Posts: 2 New User

In addition, when I originally called Acer warranty service, they wanted me to eat the shipping cost of returning the defective units!  No, it should not cost your customers money to send back your defective hardware!  Is it me or does this sound like common sense?  I had to demand to be escalated to a supervisor to get them to send me some fedex labels.  This is not customer service, this is trying to take advantage of the customer. 

This discussion has been closed.