Darker Green

TBayBoy
TBayBoy Member Posts: 4 New User

If possible could you make the green of the forums a darker green as with the white background it is difficult to read for oler eyes.

Thanks.

Answers

• Leho
    Leho Member Posts: 525 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon

TBay

Great idea !

Acer Folk - please do this. The light green is really difficult to read.

Leho

• ElizabethS
    ElizabethS Member Posts: 845 Practitioner WiFi Icon

Thank you both for that feedback. We'll make sure it goes to the forum admins.

• Leho

Acer Folks

It has been 3 months since the request to change colour.

How about a progress report?

Leho

• Acer-Brad
    Acer-Brad Administrator Posts: 348 Community Administrator

Hi Leho,  The Acer team did change the hue of the Green fonts which was intended to make it easier to be read against a white background.  This was done several months ago.  

I would like to hear from more Community Members on this topic.  

• Leho

Brad

Thank you for your response.

I note that some of the poster's names are now an aquamarine colour, others are greenish and some are black (well a faded black or washed out dark grey).  This is probably an improvement over what they were.

The darker green was requested for stuff like links included in postings and the general tools (eg spell check, quote, font size etc.).  With my old eyes I have not detected any significant change. 

We are not necessarily stuck on a darker green, we are looking for greater visibility, sharpness and contrast.  What is it with Acer and green anyway?  What is wrong with basic black for all?

Leho 

• klynn48
    klynn48 Member Posts: 8 New User

Hi i have my desktop set to high contrast , which gives black back ground and white text , maybe this would help

people with poor eye sight . It is available to set through your desktop settings , in windows 7 it is through the personalize

option , right click on desktop , click on personalize , there are other options too Smiley Happy

This discussion has been closed.