Change battery for W700

newera
newera Member Posts: 8 New User

Hi guys

I have an Acer W700 and I bought it refusbished. I am not gettig more than 5 hours out of my battery and I was wondering whether my battery is actually defective, I am just browising websitesm brightness is to to minimum, mute speakers etc.

Now I have a gurantee and in theory I can send it back but I really like it and I think it would be mor expensive if I send it back.

I was wondering whether I can change the W700 battery later on so I do not lose my gurantee.

Thank

Answers

• exscentric
    exscentric Member Posts: 78 Troubleshooter

To the change your battery question there is a tear down video on youtube that you could look at and see if you think you can crack it open and work on it.  Some would feel they could, others wouldn't.  The guy on the video seems a little ruff in my mind :-)  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WkDrJq5cc8

Did you condition the battery?  To do so, leave it on till it dies, charge it fully and let it die - do this three times to get the battery into the best shape.  Read this somewhere when reading about the w700p.

I bought a recertified one and am thinking I'm maybe getting 4-5 hours which is quite disappointing.  Have read that 6 might be a better average than the 9 I read about in the advertizing pre-purchase.

This discussion has been closed.