Can I downgrade from Windows 8 to Windows 7 on a new acer laptop?

jondavies
jondavies Member Posts: 2 New User

I am looking to upgrade my current Acer laptop with a new one. However, I notice they come with Windows 8 installed and this keeps getting dreadful reviews.

Is it possible to either order one with Windows 7, or downgrade from 8 to 7 after purchase?

Many thanks

Answers

• techman707
    techman707 Member Posts: 12 New User

It's probably easier and CHEAPER to just buy the computer with Windows 7 already installed than trying to downgrade (some manufacturer do offer a downgrade path).  Many models with Windows 7 are identical to current models with the exception of having Windows 7 instead of Win 8....and actually probably are a little cheaper to buy.

• jondavies
    jondavies Member Posts: 2 New User
    Thanks for the advice. I was looking to buy a brand new V3 i7 laptop but Acer only seem to supply Windows 8 pre installed on their new stuff now. So many people have issues with Windows 8 that I don't think it's a system that I'm going to enjoy using so I think I'll look for a different make.
  • swills
    swills Member Posts: 5 New User

OK, so I have '8' did not like it, but have downloaded 2 programmes "Skip Metro Suite" and 'Classic Shell"  both are good free progs, so get the benefits of 8, and the look of '7' and it makes life a lot, lot easier.

This discussion has been closed.