Battery Issue After Format: Windows7

hari_7189
hari_7189 Member Posts: 4 New User

Hi,

I own an Acer Aspire V5 571G laptop and I recently had to format my laptop. I formatted it using the recovery CD's given to me at the time f purchase of the laptop. It finished successfully but there is a strange issue with the battery now. My laptop hibernates without giving me a low battery notification at 10%. It hibernates around 11 or 12% and when I turn it back on after plugging it in, the battery shows 5%. I don't know what happens to the remaining 5% in between. I checked the advanced power options and the settings there are correct IE: the low battery notification is ON, low battery level is 10%, reserve battery level is 7% and critical battery level is 5%.

Any ideas how this can be rectified? Thanks.

Answers

• finlux
    finlux ACE Posts: 1,834 Pathfinder

Hi hari_7189!

Try recalibrating your battery. See here on how to do it.

• hari_7189
    hari_7189 Member Posts: 4 New User

Hi Finlux,

I did the recalibration but it hasn't fixed the issue. Any ideas as to what else could be causing this? 

• finlux
    finlux ACE Posts: 1,834 Pathfinder

Hi hari_7189

I've not heard of any battery problems after reinstalling Windows before, so I think it may be coincidental. Your battery may be about to fail. If your laptop is out of warranty, the best thing to do would be to replace the battery with a new one.

This discussion has been closed.