Aspire V3-772 Dedicated GPU

TheDarkestOneYe
TheDarkestOneYe Member Posts: 1 New User

Ok I have spent 14hrs on this with researching, calling Best Buy, Fry's, and other so called professionals of these business's.  Can't seem to get a comfortable answer so I will try here before returning this laptop with a very important bit information that customers should know before buying it.  The laptop is a Aspire V3-772  It boast everywhere in the advertisement of having a Nvidia GeForce 750m with "4g" dedicated ram.  This is however contradicted by windows system information even after all drivers have went through updates and etc which clearly states it only has 1gb.  Next is that the laptop uses a integrated gpu the majority of the time that only has 256mb of dedicated ram for it, and there is no software that I can find in Acer.com or on the net to switch my laptop to only run the Nvidia (which is what was boasted) not some cheezy integrated gpu that was no where mentioned of even being in the laptop on Acer's website or in any single store.  Most of the services dept weren't even aware of this until I brought it to their attention, and were even more shocked to find out that no where in the bios or in the software package is there a place to switch from the GPU's.  So here is my questions?

Why was there no where on Acer.com's website mention of this integrated gpu being the main gpu? (I have dated screen shots)

Why is only the Nvidia 4gb dedicated GPU mention in all advertisements both online and in the store?

Why is there no option anywhere to switch the GPU's?

Why does windows say everywhere that it only dedects 1gb of dedicated ram with the Nvidia GPU? (It shows both the GPU's in system information so there is no confusion)

Please note that disabling the integrated gpu via device manager does not work in this instance.  Also using NVidia Control is very limited to what aps I can use the Beefy Nvidia GPU for, there is absolutely no way to make it run soley...it can only be used as a back up GPU for specific aps which most certainly was no where advertised.

Answers

• nrobertson2
    nrobertson2 Member Posts: 2 New User

Nvidia is ***** now.  I'm trying to get an ati graphics card installed instead because of the stupid Optimus. 

• animaonline
    animaonline Member Posts: 7 New User

Are you serious? This laptop uses a technology called Nvidia Optimus, it switches between the integreated GPU and the GeForce, if you open Nvidia settings you can manually set your preffered GPU for an application.

choosepreferred[1].jpg

This discussion has been closed.