Aspire 5810tz

JoshuaW
JoshuaW Member Posts: 4 New User

My laptop has a sticker that says its a 5810tz model. But when I run the system information it comes up as a 5810t, well I got a bluetooth button on my keyboard, and there is drivers for bluetooth for my serial, and snid, but the drivers never install, They say its Either not compatible, or that to go to the official site to download the drivers which never install. I press FN and F3 to turn on the bluetooth, but its not even appearing in device manager, and wont install from add devices in Windows 8. Here is the information from system information software from Acer.

Serial ***********

Brand Acer

Model 5810T

Why does it say I have 5810t when my sticker says 5810tz, and why cant I install the windows 7 bluetooth drivers in compatibility mode. Btw, the troubleshooter does NOT work, neither does drivers from official site, or from acer support.

[edited for privacy]

Answers

• Vince53
    Vince53 Member Posts: 805 Practitioner WiFi Icon

Josh, you might be a little confused on your numbers. There is a 5810T and a 5810 TZ. Your subject line says "TZ." Try the drivers for all three. If there ae any additinal numbers, post them for us.

But why is this problem showing up now? Did you upgrade your operating system?

• JoshuaW

I originally went with what my sticker said, which was 5810tz, and then when I downloaded the 5810t it was the same under windows 8, not compatible, or try drivers from official site, which fails to install from not being compatible with windows 8. I now reverted back to Windows 7, and am going to try acer system information and post new information. But my 5810tz does pop up as a 5810t under acer system information in Windows 8 for sure.

• JoshuaW

I will post what page i go to after I enter my serial as well. lol. Sorry but im confused, and I got a bluetooth button but no bluetooth

5810t.png

Untitled.png

• Vince53
    Vince53 Member Posts: 805 Practitioner WiFi Icon

Josh, your problem might be the result of switching operating systems. If your installation DVD is included on your hard drive (and you do not have an installation DVD) then the drivers you need are on your hard drive. If you use an installation DVD to change your operating system, it might not have your drivers (and apparently, it does not).

The sad truth: it is more difficult to change the OS on a laptop than on a desktop, and I advise against it. Yes, it can be done sometimes, but too many people have problems with it.

This discussion has been closed.