Aspire 5252 - Orange battery light flashing, not able to boot up? Power supply? Battery?

pointer
pointer Member Posts: 2 New User

Working on an Aspire 5252 for a colleague, power adapter port had been knocked free and notebook was shutting down irratically. Was able to tighten the adapter port, but the notebook will not boot. The battery light flashes orange, 15 seconds flashing, then 15 no flashing. Have tried with battery in notebook, and without. Not able to power up either way. Thinking the Li-Ion battery may have a circuit in it that may be damaged? I get 0.04V from the battery.

Any thoughts?

Thanks, pointer

Answers

• Tabbiekatz
    Tabbiekatz Member Posts: 760 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon

If the computer does not boot without the battery, then it has something to do either with the AC adapter or powerboard inside of the computer. If it was knocked out, then that is the most likely scenario. If the computer is under warranty, you can get it fixed by Acre, but if not, Call 1-800-910-2237 and ask for a powerboard and an AC adapter. Won't cost you very much.

• pointer
    pointer Member Posts: 2 New User

Thanks!

I called the number nad was able to speak with someone who was very helpful. It appears I have either an adapter issue or a DC in jack issue - which is part of the motherboard. AcerStore is out of stock so I'm going to tey and troubleshoot some more.

I took the battery out and checked voltage using the power adapter on the battery leads in the battery tray. Readings are all over the map - 4.4V to 15+V. Digging deeper to isolate.

pointer

• grouprx
    grouprx Member Posts: 2 New User

I am having s similar problem with an Aspire 3680-2574. Got home from Vacation and found that I had lost power in the room that has this computer. Battery was dead. I restores power and let it charge overnight but in the AM I still could not boot up the machine. Press the on button and get 8 or 9 blinks of the orange battery light then nothing. Could the DC converter in the power code have been damaged in the power outage?

This discussion has been closed.