Asking for Windows Key

theBruFam
theBruFam Member Posts: 2 New User

When opening an email with an attachment, (word doc) it is now asking for the Windows Key...  Why all the sudden? I haven't changed anything, added anything or taken any program away...  Spoke to Microsoft and they said to get help here...  And when I click properties for Office, says its activated...  Not sure what to do.

Answers

• alicepattinson
    alicepattinson Member Posts: 160 Troubleshooter

Do you still have the Windows Key?

• robinp
    robinp Member Posts: 21 New User

Are you referring to Win8?. If so, the Product Key is embedded in the BIOS. If you want to find out what it is, click on this script.

ShowKey.vbs

• ElizabethS
    ElizabethS Member Posts: 845 Practitioner WiFi Icon

While our members are generally eager to provide useful information, be advised that Acer does not validate third party external links for downloads or content and is not responsible for them. Acquiring files through such links or using directions found there is at the user’s own risk.

• theBruFam
    theBruFam Member Posts: 2 New User

actually what worked was doing a system restore back about a week...  worked like a charm Smiley Happy thanks y'all, and no, it was not for win8, it was for windows 7 and office 2010 that i have been using since i purchased the computer over a year ago... just all the sudden started asking for it... 

This discussion has been closed.