Antivirus Program

MarciaH
MarciaH Member Posts: 11 New User

Do we need to use an Antivirus Program like McAfee Security that comes with our tablets especially if going onto the web on our tablets?  I have an A210 and an A810.  I was told by a local computer expert that it wasn't necessary on Android Tablets.

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder

hi...

Windows PC users have long known the problems that come with running a computer unprotected by firewalls or antivirus,
    Android is a very different question, however. There are huge benefits from an open system that doesn’t lock users into a specific app store or music store, but it does come with some downsides.
    Android is based on the Linux core, and in code is similarly secure to iOS, but as Android users can install software unchecked by Google, hackers can get much more control over someone’s Android device.
     Well if you are installing apps from outside the official app stores then yes. There are many antivirus application avaliable on Google play store.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,700 Trailblazer

The simple answer is yes. Although viruses aren't as common on Android devices they are still out there. I use the free version of Lookout.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • roadwarrior796
    roadwarrior796 Member Posts: 273 Practitioner WiFi Icon

Recommend Avast antivirus, been using it for years on all my PC's and have installed for friends, the mobile version is excellent and it's free too !

This discussion has been closed.