This page has been archived.

The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information, and links on this page to other sites may not work. This page has been archived for future reference.

See our Discussion Forums for more current content.

Topic

Regular Visitor
Taikku70

Acer aspire v3 771

Brand new lap top. Started to use it. Battery in, setup done. Then No access to starter window...

When using mouse or window button it goes to asking another user account name and password. why? Nothing has been created, or done. New... just starting up... DAMMIT. Christmas present and it should work now.

What can i do... How can i get started?  HELP
No matter what button i touch it allways goes to asking some passwords....

Acer Technician
Acer-Tommy

Re: Acer aspire v3 771

I would suggest restoring the system to facotry defaults and starting again:

Using Acer Recovery Management to Restore Windows 8

Using Acer Recovery Management to Refresh Windows 8

How do I restore my computer using the eRecovery Management program?

How do I restore my computer using the eRecovery Management program outside of Windows?

Important Links: Global Support Pages | Knowledge Base Articles
Remember to mark posts that resolved your issue with Accept as Solution. You can even mark multiple posts in a single thread. This will make it easier for others to find the same information. Use the kudos-thumbs-up.png Give Kudos button to offer a thumbs-up for good post content and a pat on the back to the author.

Regular Visitor
Taikku70

I cant do that, cause I cant get to that part. that is the problem...

All i see is desktop, time and date. How much battery i have and volume. WHAT EVER I DO OR TOUCH IT GOES TO ASKING PASSWORD. 

I cant do that... 

Regular Visitor
Taikku70

Could not do this either: 

How do I restore my computer using the recovery Management program outside of Windows?

Nothing happend... Nothing. 

Same as it was before. No recovery. Nothing.

cwalsh9439

Use one of the fkeys like i think f11 or f10 or f12 something and it should pop up when your first turning your computer on.

Regular Visitor
Taikku70

Tried that, nothing happens, the result is the same.

Just the desktop with pretty picture and that is all i get.

Acer Technician
Acer-Tommy

What operating system is on the computer?

Also, what specifically are you doing, step by step, so we can attempt to determine what is occuring?

Remember to mark posts that resolved your issue with Accept as Solution. You can even mark multiple posts in a single thread. This will make it easier for others to find the same information. Use the kudos-thumbs-up.png Give Kudos button to offer a thumbs-up for good post content and a pat on the back to the author.

vincefr

Hello,

same problem for me.

Brand new Aspire V3 771G.

first boot, acer document says I will have to finish installation, but I see :

- screen with ACER logo

- then little point turning in circle while loading

- then a wallpaper with date and hour on it

When I click or enter any key, I go to a new screen asking me for a user name and a password. No way to exit this screen. No way to access windows to launch a recovery.

I have never had access to any other screen, never any configuration page. Windows seems to be already configured (with bad settings, the keyboard is set to qwerty as mine is azerty, the hour is not in the good timezone).

I 've phoned Acer that gave me Microsoft number. Microsoft said it's Acer problem. So I have a brand new computer and no way to use it.... And nobody wants to help me. As I'm not alone to have this problem, does someone found a solution ?

I'm OK to re install Windows 8, but how can I get access to the recovery without access to windows ?

Thanks for your help.

Best regards.

Vincent

Acer Technician
Acer-Tommy

This article might help:

Accessing the UEFI (BIOS) setup on a Windows 8 system

vincefr

Thanks, but as said before I cannot access to windows.

I can access to the bios but I don't find anything in the bios to launch recovery. What is the purpose to access to the bios ?

Welcome, Guest

Not A Member?   Register
Help
Language:
Member Highlight

Member philetus really stepped up this past month with 160 replies and a good share of Kudos. It looks like he is on a fast track to being a true leader here! Thank you from all of us philetus.

Frequent Contributor

Did you know?

Acer Community is also available in the following languages: