Acer W700 battery and WIFI issue

newera
newera Member Posts: 8 New User

Hi all,

So I got an Acer Iconia W700  and I am having 2 main issues.

1, The number of battey hours which Windows is showsing is of a total of approx. 5hrs. Is this normal? I thought that battery life should have been better,

2, WIFI performance is not good. When I am trying to stream videos of lets say a size of more than 400MB the video continously stutters. I am using a laptop in the exact same location of the tablet and am not having these issues. The driver which I have installed is 10.0.0.245, I tried to uninstall the driver and install latest one but the same version is installed.

Can someone help me Smiley Happy?

Thanks

Answers

• jason2234
    jason2234 Member Posts: 85 Troubleshooter

The battery indication is normal for windows. mine has never said 7 hours but ive had it run for up to 9 hours with the right settings. There is a post devoted to wifi issues on here for the w700. someone might be able to point you in the right direction one here.

i use 10.0.0.260 which is really stable

• newera

Thanks

So what are the right settings then?

And I tried to install the latest WIFI drivers but Windows says that the drivers are up to date.

• jason2234
    jason2234 Member Posts: 85 Troubleshooter

It depends what you're doing on the tablet. I normally get 6 - 8 hours from it for general use which is internet and the odd windows 8 game. Here is usually use balanced battery and 50% displa brightness.

If i'm playing a full windows games like i'll get 3-6 hours out of the battery depending on how resource intensive the game is. The battery life is brilliant on this tablet and its weird how some of the other tablets haven't been able to replicate it.

Below is the link to the Acer thread about wifi. There is a lot to read Smiley Happy

http://community.acer.com/t5/Tablets/Acer-Iconia-W700-Wi-Fi-problem/td-p/631/page/71

This is a link to the latest Atheros drivers (second set up from the bottom, QUALCOMM/ATHEROS AR5xxx/9xxx Wireless Lan. The site has a few pop up but the site s safe and the downloads are clean)

http://www.station-drivers.com/index.php/10-drivers/44-qualcomm-atheros

I use 10.0.0.260 but make sure you remove the previous wifi drivers by uninstalling the software and deleting in device manager. After you;ve downloaded the new ones Smiley Happy

• newera

Hi

Thanks for the info. I am just using it to browse etc. Never play games, brightness is a low as possible, batter is power saver etc. Mine is Acer refurbished so I wonder whether the battery is actually good then Smiley Sad.

I will install the drivers as u said and see the result.

Thanks

This discussion has been closed.