Acer V5-431 Error After Install Windows 8

asjay1224
asjay1224 Member Posts: 4 New User

Hi,

I have a Acer Aspire V5-431 which has error after installing Windows 8 Pro, I've tried to update bios, but also got error which ask me to load same bios version (1.xx) currenty (1.16) while the latest version is V2.09. Pls help

Answers

• Joshua188
    Joshua188 Member Posts: 523 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon

hello asjay1224, so the V5 shipped with windows 7 HP and you upgraded the unit to windows 8 correct?

• asjay1224

Its a Freedos model, when the windows 8 setup has completed, it will restart and says "PC has ran into problem and needed to restart" "IRQL_LESS_OR_EQUAL"

• Joshua188

ok, so that error generally means there is a software issue at this point. I would recomend reloading the OEM OS and starting over fresh.

• asjay1224

I've tried on 2 new units but encountered the same problem, I fresh installed windows 8 for 5 times already, but still facing same problem, upgrading bios also don't work..

• Joshua188

hmm do the units come with windows 7 from factory?

• HK53T
    HK53T Member Posts: 767 Die Hard WiFi Icon

From what I've read if it doesn't ship with Windows 8, you're not going to be able to upgrade it to the v2.x BIOS, only the v1.x.

• asjay1224
    It comes with Linpus Linux from factory, I've called acer support and they asked to upgrade the bios of the machine but it seems that this laptop bios can't be upgraded to v2.09. Only can install windows 7..
  • Joshua188

I have not seen an Acer V5 ship with linpus installed. From the factory i Belive it should have windows 7 HP 64bit. Anyways what the last post is try the BIOS version should be 1.X not 2.X

• freeza
    freeza Member Posts: 1,316 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon

Hi guys

There is a possibility the unit is released with Linux. There are EMEA units, especially in the Middle East that are released with Linpus/Linux. You can only update the bios to 1.x. 2.x is only for UEFI bios only.

Regards,

Freeza

• doralin
    doralin Member Posts: 1 New User

how to install windows 8 pro becuose computer me  Acer V5-431 Error

• max_dark1
    max_dark1 Member Posts: 1 New User

y have the same problem i cant install windows 8 in dont have problems with others PC what happen

• sln
    sln Member Posts: 6 New User

Hi ,

I also got this problem. Because this model bios for w7 and if we want to install w8 it must me UEFI bios. I tried to upgrade the bios but i can't upgrade.

• Pholister
    Pholister Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

I can confirm that anisin84's solution described here
    http://community.acer.com/t5/Acer-Notebooks-Netbooks/Cannot-Install-windows-8-on-Brand-newAO-725/m-p/6155#M1645
    solves the problem. It has nothing to do with the BIOS. The error is caused by an incompatibility of the Atheros Wifi card installed in the affected Acer models with the default driver that comes with Windows 8. Removing the card during install, updating the Atheros W-Lan driver via a download from another computer once Windows 8 is running, then replacing the card and rebooting twice is the fix.

[edited to comply with guidelines]

Note, however, that opening your device may void your warranty. Make sure you know what you are doing!

• TecAnthonyGaru
    TecAnthonyGaru Member Posts: 1 New User

I solve that problem, you have to disable the atheros driver from regedit. Entering cmd mode recovery windows 8. Is the only solution, rather than descaonectar wireless card and warranty void.

If you want my help can contact me: garupumper@hotmail.com

Not very good my English but I do what I can. Smiley Happy

• wolfstain
    wolfstain Member Posts: 1 New User

Can u tell me how to disable the atheros driver please?

• s3_bordz
    s3_bordz Member Posts: 23 New User

...I already encountered that problem and i successfully solve by loading first the wifi driver before installing...How to load?

In winows 8 intallation there is and option there to load the driver first but be sure that the driver cd is in the CDROM DRIVE and locate those folder where the wifi driver is located and if you don't have installation driver cd just download it from the acer website and put it on a pendrive...

I wish it could help...

• nitin21
    nitin21 Member Posts: 1 New User

Problem installing Microsoft Windows 8 on Acer Aspire V5-431

PROBLEM: - Cannot install Microsoft Windows 8 on Acer Aspire V5-431 - Problem installing Microsoft Windows 8 on Acer Aspire V5-431 - Cannot complete installing Microsoft Windows 8 on Acer Aspire V5-431 - Microsoft Windows 7 Okay with Acer Aspire V5-431 but problem with Windows 8

ERROR DISPLAY

Acer_Aspire_V5-431_Installation_Error

Recovery

Your PC couldn’t start properly

After multiple tries, the operating system on your PC failed to start, so it needs to be repaired.

Error code: 0×0000001

You’ll need to use the recovery tools on your installation media. If you don’t have any installation media (like a disc or USB device), contact your system administrator or PC manufacturer.

Press Enter to try again Press F8 for Start-up Settings

Acer_Aspire_V5-431_Error

:(

Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. We’re just collecting some error info, and then we’ll restart for you. (20% complete) if you’d like to know more, you can search online later for this error: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

—————

NOTEBOOK SPECIFICATIONS Acer Aspire V5-431

Acer Aspire V5-431-10072G50Mabb Airy Blue NX.M17SP.010

OS Boot-up Linux Processor Intel 1007U LCD 14.0″ HD Acer CineCrystal LED LCD Graphics Intel HD Graphics Memory 2GB DDR3 Memory Storage 500GB HDD Optical Drive DVD-Super Multi DL drive WLAN/Bluetooth Acer Npify 802.11a/g/n+BT 4.0 WWAN N/A Webcam Acer Crystal Eye HD webcam Battery 4-cell Li-ion battery

Acer_Aspire_V5-431_PhilippinesAcer_Aspire_V5-431_NegrosAcer_Aspire_V5-431_MandaueAcer_Aspire_V5-431_Lapu_lapuAcer_Aspire_V5-431_Cebu_CityAcer_Aspire_V5-431_Bohol

SOLUTION:

Load the correct Atheros Wireless LAN drivers during Microsoft Windows 8 installation.

Steps on how to do it:

STEP #1 – Go to http://www.acer.com.ph/ac/en/PH/content/drivers

Acer Driver Website STEP-01AAcer Driver Website STEP-01B

STEP #2 – Download the Atheros Wireless driver and extract it to a USB flash drive.

STEP #3 – Install Windows 8 to your Acer Aspire V5-431

STEP #4 – Create the desired partition

STEP #5 – Format the Partition Drive C

STEP #6 – Click Load Drivers and click Browse on USB Flash Drive

STEP #7 – Select Qualcomm Atheros AR5BWB222 then click next

• SuryaEternal
    SuryaEternal Member Posts: 15 New User

thanks, I am gonna try it, wish me luck Smiley Very Happy

• anguyen_98
    anguyen_98 Member Posts: 1 New User

I got the driver downloaded and extract when select load driver and the usb drive to the correct extract folder. It did not pick up the driver file. Is there another way?

• tremendus_2007
    tremendus_2007 Member Posts: 2 New User

Problem installing Microsoft Windows 8 on Acer Aspire V5-431

PROBLEM:
    - Cannot install Microsoft Windows 8 on Acer Aspire V5-431
    - Problem installing Microsoft Windows 8 on Acer Aspire V5-431
    - Cannot complete installing Microsoft Windows 8 on Acer Aspire V5-431
    - Microsoft Windows 7 Okay with Acer Aspire V5-431 but problem with Windows 8

this is the kind of error am getting

Error code: 0×0000001

Acer Aspire V5-431

Acer Aspire V5-431-10072G50Mabb
    Airy Blue
    NX.M17SP.010

OS Boot-up Linux
    Processor Intel 1007U
    LCD 14.0″ HD Acer CineCrystal LED LCD
    Graphics Intel HD Graphics
    Memory 2GB DDR3 Memory
    Storage 500GB HDD