Acer Ultrabook won't boot

donjack3
donjack3 Member Posts: 2 New User

Hi i have a practically brand new Acer Aspire M5-581T Ultrabook, not even a month old. Yesterday i was in skype with some friends playing league of legends and then i had to leave to go to the movies. So i shut off my laptop and went to the movies. I got home and went to turn on my laptop, i pressed the power button, the Acer splash screen showed up and then i got a blank screen with a moveable mouse cursor. 

Whenever i try to go to the boot menu the only thing that shows up is Windows Boot Manager (ST500LT012-9WS142), which takes me back to the acer screen and back to the black screen. I can get into BIOS pressing F2, i also have a windows 8 CD to  boot to but i cant boot to it even if i change my boot priority in the BIOS to have my cd drive first. 

Everything above is what happens when Boot Mode is UEFI

If i change it to Legacy BIOS is can boot to the CD but none of the repair methods work because it says the drive that my Windows OS is installed on is locked. I went through some of the windows 8 installation CD and i saw all my partitions and recovery drives but i cant repair because thier locked. So Legacy BIOS at least accomplishes something UEFI does absolutely nothing at all but show me the acer screen and then nothing at all.

This computer has never been dropped

Has had no virus installed

Its my school computer so its only Microsoft Office, Google Chrome, League of Legends, and some programs given to my from school since i do college online.

Answers

This discussion has been closed.