Acer Iconia tablet with mind of its own

UnhappyCustomer
UnhappyCustomer Member Posts: 1 New User

I bought an Acer Inconia a500 Table about a year ago this past Demeber. Sometime this past summer it started to have a mind of its own. It got progressively worse to a point where it clicks what and when it wants, icons move by themselves and it will freeze up and has to continually be shut down. It is essentially useless. I went to Best Buy and asked them what I could do. They told me there was nothing. It was junk and I should buy a new one! So through the holidays I just put it aside. Now about a week ago I went to another Best Buy and they thought they could help with a factory reset. They said they would make sure I got the programs I had on it, back after the reset.

THE RESULT: They reset it, it continued to act up, they didn't load anything back on it and told me I should buy something new. Acer doesn't seem to have any way to contact them.

My question: Does anyone have any ideas how to fix this or someone that can or a GOOD contact at Acer or Best Buy so I can get some satisfaction OR is this just a $400-$500 lesson to stay away from Acer and Best Buy. Thx 

Answers

• Blayn-Acer
    Blayn-Acer Administrator Posts: 2,355 Community Administrator

I have sent you a private message to try to assist you with this issue. Please reply to the questions I asked, so we can better assist you.

• kricket1214
    kricket1214 Member Posts: 1 New User

Can you help me with this also? I am having the same problem and have also tried the factory reset. I have the Iconia A100

• Blayn-Acer
    Blayn-Acer Administrator Posts: 2,355 Community Administrator

If the factory reset did not resolve the issue, I would recommend you contact Acer support for your region to inquire about setting your unit up for service.

This discussion has been closed.