This page has been archived.

The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information, and links on this page to other sites may not work. This page has been archived for future reference.

See our Discussion Forums for more current content.

Topic

A100HELP_PLZ

Acer Iconia A100 wont start!!!

[ Edited ]

Hello. 

Last night I was using my Acer Iconia A100. It started hanging up, so i turned it off. However, it wouldn't start back up. It wouldn't go past the "Acer" screen. I did a factory data reset, paperclip reset? Still wont work! HELP PLEASE!!!

A100HELP_PLZ

WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER! A100 TABLET.

[ Edited ]

My A100 tablet is stuck at the Acer screen. Warranty is expired. Cant even chat with Acer support. 

Either you contact me IMMEDIATLY or I'm done with acer. This is the worst expreicne Ive has with any company. No support. No help. No recall. And its all Acer's emmc chip, which is their fault.

Also I saw you give another guy a free fix for his tablet and he's not under warranty. 

http://community.acer.com/t5/Acer-Tablets/Acer-Iconia-A100-and-A500-Failure-to-Boot/m-p/73711#U73711

Visitor
drzewieckisr

Re: Acer Iconia A100 wont start!!!

I have tried the reset with the paper clip. When I tried to reset with the volume arrow up button and the power, it shows that its trying to reset back to the factory data.  It shows the android symbol with something spinning in its chest, then the next picture shows it laying down with its chest open and a big red triangle and "!" in the triangle.  I do know that the warrenty has expired, but their should be someone that I could be able to call and talk to so that I can get this problem fixed.  I would hate to tell everyone in the military about the company for its customer service after I have told others that its a great device.

ElizabethS

A100HELP_PLZ you have private messages waiting. Please click on the grey envelope in the upper right hand corner of your screen.

Remember to mark posts that resolved your issue with Accept as Solution. You can even mark multiple posts in a single thread. This will make it easier for others to find the same information.  Use the kudos-thumbs-up.png Give Kudos button to offer a thumbs-up for good post content and a pat on the back to the author.

Leader
Tabbiekatz

Re: I WANT FREE SUPPORT FOR ACERS FAULT

You can get through....just enter your SNID number at 1-800-816-2237 if you are in the US or Canada. You will talk to a technician who can help you.

Visitor
android

My A100 tablet is having the exact same problems as A100HELP_PLZ after just over 1 year of use. It will only boot to the Acer logo. I have tried numerous methods like hard-reset. Can get to recovery menu, but can't select anything. There are multiple error messages including "Can't open /dev/block/mmcblk0p5 (No such file or directory)", "failed to mount /cache (No such file or directory)". After wasting many hours researching this problem on the internet, I believe these are all symptoms of the dreaded EMMC failure which can only be fixed by repairing the motherboard. It appears that for many people, this failure is happening just after the 1 year warranty expires. Now I can't even get customer support unless I pay for it, which I refuse to do because this is completely the fault of Acer. Why Acer has not provided a publicized fix or recall for this widespread problem, I do not know. I am now very concerned for my mother's A500 tablet which I bought her as well.

Other companies that I have dealt with in the past have fixed products for free outside their warranty period when they know that they were responsible for releasing a faulty product. It's time for Acer to admit their mistake and offer an easy way to get free repairs for everyone with this problem even outside of warranty, as even the oldest tablets experiencing this problem are not even more than a couple years old, which is a ridiculously short lifespan for a tablet.

I used to be quite pleased with the quality of the many Acer products I have purchased in the past. However, the ticking EMMC time bomb inside Acer tablets that almost seems designed to go off just after the warranty expiration is absolutely a low blow to the consumer. If I do not receive a free fix for this problem, I will not ever consider purchasing Acer products again and would gladly join in any class action lawsuit.

ElizabethS, if you have a solution to my problem that would repair my A100 for free outside of warranty, please send me a message as well.

Phil-3

Hi android,

I highly suggest that you follow the advice provided by Tabbiekatz a few messages prior to this one.

Hope that helps!

Remember to mark posts that resolved your issue with Accept as Solution. You can even mark multiple posts in a single thread. This will make it easier for others to find the same information.  Use the kudos-thumbs-up.png Give Kudos button to offer a thumbs-up for good post content and a pat on the back to the author.

Visitor
dgray

BUT, not if your product warranty is expired.   You won't get past the recording.

Visitor
ellenp21

where do i find snid

Visitor
nanner2u

Help..... I have been tasked to repair an Acer A100 and it won't get past the Acer Iconia start up... When I reset it I got error messages.... What am I to do? Who do I call.... How do I fix this? This tablet is not very old and should not be DOA.... Any help is appreciated....

Welcome, Guest

Not A Member?   Register
Help
Language:
Member Highlight

Acer is proud to announce the promotion of Philetus to the ACE team. Philetus has been a member since March 2013 and has shown the skills and patience required to be a member of this exclusive, invite only team of experts. Congratulations Philetus!

ACE Pioneer

Did you know?

Acer Community is also available in the following languages: