Acer CloudMobile S500 electrical discharge anyone?

nickul
nickul Member Posts: 1 New User

hello!

i know this will sound a bit weard, but my girlfriend bought an acer cloud mobile s500, from Orange Romania (with a suspiciously low price, for it's performance); there are not many issues that iknow of, except for the really poor sound quality and low volume of the phone's outer speaker.. but there is also o strange problem that has started happenin, from the moment the orange consultant first started the phone, in front of us. when he handed me the turned on phone, we breifly touched, and our hands electrically discharged (an arch of electricity formed at pont of contact). i thought nothing of it at the moment, but after that, it started happening between me and my girlfriend quite a lot, when she, or i, would handle the phone. it seems that handling the phone acually creates a small static charge on the user, that disipates once he touches another person, or a grounded metal.

I am ofcourse not 100% sure that it is related to the phone, but i would like to make sure there aren't any electricity or even radiation hazzards lurking... 

i am just wondering if anyone else has experienced the same problem..

other than that, i love that phone, and i don't know how to convince her to make a switch with my iphone 4s Smiley Happy))

Answers

• wwillemse
    wwillemse Member Posts: 79 Troubleshooter

Hi,

Is it a bit like the small sparks you can have when you change clothes while it's freezing cold outside?

To be sure, I'd go to the Orange store where you bought it, and ask to try another one if they have it. It does sound a bit weird; I can imagine it happens when it's really cold and dry air (people get slightly statically charged), but better safe than sorry....

• greenamethyst
    greenamethyst Member Posts: 9 New User

Sa se dea cu crema de maini si scapa de problema.Probabil are o piele uscata care inmagazineaza energia statica de la frecarea cu hainele.Smiley Tongue

• ElizabethS
    ElizabethS Member Posts: 845 Practitioner WiFi Icon

Hello greenamethyst

We are happy you have joined the Acer Support Forums.  Although we are a global community serving many different countries, we ask that you post your messages in English.

Not only will this provide a more consistent experience for our members so all can benefit, but it will also allow our members to provide a quicker, more accurate response to your issue.

Thank you in advance for helping to make our community a productive experience for everyone.

This discussion has been closed.