This page has been archived.

The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information, and links on this page to other sites may not work. This page has been archived for future reference.

See our Discussion Forums for more current content.

Topic

Frequent Visitor
LisaLasheS

Acer Aspire recovery failed

Recently, I was unable to log onto my windows account (which was also the administrator account) so I decided to reset the unit to factory settings with saved data. I have got as far as 'setup is starting services' but the error message ' Windows could not complete the installation. To install Windows on this computer, restart the installation'. I've tried restarting the unit but the same message keeps appearing and I'm at a total loss as to what to do next. Any help would be most appreciated :smileyhappy:
Acer Technician
Acer-Tommy

Re: Acer Aspire recovery failed

If Windows is not completing setup, there's not a lot that we will be able to recommend, other than attempting to do the recovery once more.

Please review this article: Reloading your Acer Computer

Important Links: Global Support Pages | Knowledge Base Articles
Remember to mark posts that resolved your issue with Accept as Solution. You can even mark multiple posts in a single thread. This will make it easier for others to find the same information. Use the kudos-thumbs-up.png Give Kudos button to offer a thumbs-up for good post content and a pat on the back to the author.

Frequent Visitor
LisaLasheS

I've tried to do the recovery again but it just keeps going back to the same error screen. I've also tried to purchase recovery media but it says that there is no rcd available for my SNID :s
Acer Technician
Acer-Tommy

In that instance, you will need to contact the Acer Store or contact your local Acer technical support center for assistance with recovery media.

Important Links: Global Support Pages | Knowledge Base Articles
Remember to mark posts that resolved your issue with Accept as Solution. You can even mark multiple posts in a single thread. This will make it easier for others to find the same information. Use the kudos-thumbs-up.png Give Kudos button to offer a thumbs-up for good post content and a pat on the back to the author.

Frequent Visitor
LisaLasheS

Ok, thanks :smileyhappy:
Leader
Vince53

Lisa, here's a suggestion that sometimes works. If your laptop has an optical drvie (for CDs and DVDs) try to borrow a legal copy of a DVD with your operating system on it. Insert the DVD into your optical drive and restart. Before it asks for your Windows key, it will give you some troubleshooting options.

This is not illegal, as you are only trying to enter your own legal copy of Windows. You are not trying to install a pirated copy.

Hope this helps.
Frequent Visitor
LisaLasheS

Thanks Vince :smileyhappy:
Did you know? Acer Community is also available in the following languages: