Acer Aspire V7 sleep problem

theCrow
theCrow Member Posts: 5 New User

I've got a brand new Acer Aspire V7-581PG and got problems putting the computer to sleep. When closing the lid or pushing the sleep button the power light flashes orange once, then turns back blue. The light stays blue and the screen stays black and after a little more than a minute the light (and the computer) turns off. The only way to start the computer is to push the power button after which it takes about 20 seconds for it to recover back to desktop. I tried to install the latest BIOS (version 2.07) and it seemed to fix the problem. After the update the computer appears to go to sleep properly (the orange light flashes and it can be awakened by pressing any key). However, after a few times in sleep the behaviour described above returns. I also tried updating the Intel graphics driver to the newest version without luck. Have you got any ideas except from returning the laptop to the reseller for a replace?

Mika

Answers

• Vince53
    Vince53 Member Posts: 805 Practitioner WiFi Icon

Crow, some machines do not support coming out of Sleep with anything except the Power On button. You can go to Control Panel-Power Options and try to change it, but it isn't that big a deal. And I assume you know that you have to hold down the Fn key while pressing the Sleep button.

• theCrow

I assume You didn't quite understand the problem.

When the computer does go to sleep (which happens a few times after a BIOS upgrade), it wakes with any button. The real problem is that the computer does not go to sleep (which should happen in a few seconds and from which it should wake in a few seconds), but to some other state that takes over a minute to go to and around 20 seconds to wake from. I assume that, for some reason, the computer goes instantly to deep sleep when it should go to sleep. I've tested both Fn + F4 and just closing the lid and they both work the same way.

• theCrow

After a little more experimenting, I'm quite convinced that the computer goes to Deep Sleep (Intel Rapid Start Technology) right after pushing the sleep button instead of the 480 minutes set in Acer Deep Sleep Settings. Is there any other way to check what the Deep Sleep setting is except from Deep Sleep Settings software?

• theCrow

There's another topic about the same problem here http://community.acer.com/t5/Ultra-Thin/S3-very-slow-sleep-wake-up/m-p/25725/thread-id/992/highlight/false

No answers from Acer.

This discussion has been closed.