Acer Aspire V3-731 Wifi

Kinwoh
Kinwoh Member Posts: 7 New User

Hi,

I have a Aspire V3-731 with wifi connection problems. I have read some other forums and still have same problem.

It disconnects me automaticly from using internet on wi-fi. 

Have installed the latest version for now (Wireless LAN_Atheros_10.0.0.225_W8x64_A). 

Does anyone has an idea to fix my problem ?

Answers

• Danica
    Danica Member Posts: 11 New User

Same problem.. Smiley Frustrated

• Kinwoh

Any one ?

• Kinwoh

Didn't work for me. Other suggestions ?

• shadowman
    shadowman Member Posts: 16 New User

Did you go through the Network troubleshooting solutions?

• Kinwoh

Yes it's "fix" the problem but that's one time fix. After a couple minutes it's starts again the same problem blocking the wifi. 

• shadowman

Check the following:

Under Device Manager for the Qualcomm Atheros Wireless network adapte or whichever driver you installed,

Power Management tab, uncheck if the following is selected:

"Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power". 

• Danica

That didn't work for me.

• shadowman

Are you using a wireless router?  How close is your laptop to the router?  Can you get a clean connection if the ethernet adapter is plugged in?

• Kinwoh

Still same problem i unchecked "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power".  And my router is 1 meter away from my laptop, with the cable plugged it works 100 %. On wifi, always get that yellow icon on my wifi after a couple minutes. And my laptop is most of the time plugged with the power.

• shadowman

Can you check to see if you are in Airplaine Mode?  If you are turn it off.

From the Microsoft Website:

This mode is also available for laptops that are running the new Windows 8 operating system and it is very easy to access, provided you know where to look.

Head to the Charms menu and click on “Settings”. From there choose “Change PC Settings”, which will open a “Metro” version of the Control panel. From there you can easily locate “Wireless” from the menu on the left side. Within Wireless you will see an “Airplane Mode” listed at the top with a simple “on” and “off” toggle switch.

• Kinwoh

No im not in the Airplain mode, i can connect with wifi connection but after a couple minutes it disable my wifi automaticly. To fix the problem quickest way is to enable and disable Airplane mode.

After doing that i get my wifi worked again for 10-60 minutes and than again the same problem.

What i allready did is

And stil same problem, wifi disable connection with internet automaticly....

The links are for Aspire V3-731 only Windows 8 64-bit.

• shadowman

There's only a few other options I can think of and a few additional questions:

1.  When you disconnect the ethernet cable, is the laptop in the same position or did you move it farther away from the router?  I'm asking because I had the same issue, within a few feet upto ten feet away the connection was fine, but when I moved the laptop fifteen feet away from the router I would lose the connection.

2. Have you used another laptop on the same router that did not have connectivity issues?  Just to verify that it is not an issue with your Internet provider.

3. Are there any large metal objects near the router and/or laptop?  Known to cause interference.

4. Have you tried unintalling the driver and then re-installing?

When I ran the Network troubleshooter I received a "faulty adapter" message, so I uninstalled and re-installed the driver.  It took three attempts before I finally got a "device is working properly message.  And it was at this point that I discovered that Acer is probably using a very low cost network adapter for their laptops, a network wifi dongle as it is called.   my only options now are to centrally locate my router, purchase a signal range extender (which can cost up to $200.00 and may not work) or utilize my laptop wired only or within ten feet of the modem.

Let me know if the re-install works?

• Danica

Connection is pretty clear. I have 4/5 lines.

• ScottyC
    ScottyC Member Posts: 433 Practitioner WiFi Icon

Just out of curiosity, did you upgrade from Windows 7? Also, how do you know that you need the Atheros driver and not the Broadcom? Is it because it is the only driver available on the Acer site for your system? It doesn't necessarily mean that it's the right one for your system.

This is the Acer harware detection tool available on drivers page of Acer's website, right below where you choose your system.

http://global-download.acer.com/FilesDownload/HWID/HWVendorDetection.exe

Run it and look for Wireless. If you see broadcom it means that you're not downloading the right driver. In this case it can be downloaded here : http://goo.gl/mMGzK  OR on the Acer site under your model with Windows 8 upgrade option chosen for OS.

• Kinwoh

Strange does no one any better idea to fix this problem ? 

This discussion has been closed.