Acer AOD270 fan problem

puccacrow91
puccacrow91 Member Posts: 2 New User

hi, guys!

i'm the happy owner of an acer aod270 for over a month now. one of the reasons i love it so much is cause it's insanely quiet. or so it used to be. for the last couple of days (it might be more but i always have my earplugs listening to music when i'm using it) i've noticed my fan works constantly and it gets out a lot of warm air. i've downloaded SpeedFan and noticed that the temperature is normally at 40 degrees C, sometimes 50 when i overuse it.

i thought maybe some of my drivers were not installed correctly. i've checked the device manager and noticed my PCI driver was out of date, updated it. the problem still persists.

anyone know what might be the cause of this?

ps. not sure if it's relevant, but my motherboard crashed when i first got the netbook, and had it replaced.

thanks!

Answers

• Mr_Helper
    Mr_Helper Member Posts: 129 Troubleshooter

Hi,

• I suggest that you clean the air inlet and outlet with a can of compressed air, place the system on a surface where there is good air circulation.
  • puccacrow91
    puccacrow91 Member Posts: 2 New User

hey, thanks for your reply!

is it possible for it the fan to have accumulated so much dust, even though it's quite new? might seem like a stupid question, but i'm not literate in hardware issues Smiley Happy

This discussion has been closed.