Acer A210 question.

madotter
madotter Member Posts: 2 New User

Hello all,

My fiancée and I both just bought an Acer A210 each and we noticed that android 4.1 is installed as standard rather than the latest 4.2 version. Will our tabs be getting the update from 4.1 to 4.2?

I have seen you can download ROM versions of 4.2 to flash the tab but I'm not 100% sure of these and don't want to possibly do damage that can't be undone.

Thanks for anyone who can answer this,

Iain.

Best Answer

• Tabbiekatz
    Tabbiekatz Member Posts: 760 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓

I know that 4.2 will be an update release, but I do not know a date. What you are looking at for the downloaded ROM is called rooting. This would void the warranty. I would wait.

Answers

• Tabbiekatz
    Tabbiekatz Member Posts: 760 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓

I know that 4.2 will be an update release, but I do not know a date. What you are looking at for the downloaded ROM is called rooting. This would void the warranty. I would wait.

• madotter
    madotter Member Posts: 2 New User
    I'll definitely wait now you have said that I will be getting the update. Thanks for that TabbieKatz!!

Iain.
  • bucegiomu
    bucegiomu Member Posts: 2 New User

The tablet has software problems:

* After using is for a bit (reading PDFs and/or browsing), the screen becomes much less responsive (taping keys on keyboard does nothing and scrolling the screen starts to be mistaken for a zoom operation). The only way to fix these issues is to switch off and on the screen. After that the screen responsiveness is OK for a while, then again the screen becomes unresponsive and I have to repeat the procedure outlined above. This bug may actually be in Android 4.1.1 (what the tablet is running) and not caused by Acer's software customizations. An update to 4.2.1 may fix these UI problems and also make the UI experience smoother.

* Also I noticed that the tablet forgets the touch panel sensitivity setting set after restart.

Acer, can we have a software update for this tablet to android 4.2.1, please?

• derbaron
    derbaron Member Posts: 1 New User
    can we have a statement pls?
  • Batista82
    Batista82 Member Posts: 1 New User

Hello,

Can we please finally get a statement from Acer if there will be an update to 4.2.x and when to expect it.

• edfru2
    edfru2 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Also wish Acer would improve the keyboard, particularly the way the correct and or copy feature works. The placement of the little orange market's as cursor markers doesn't work well. I wish we could get an IS update business went from 4.0 to 4.1.1, I don't think there is andmuch of
    a shot getting the update.
This discussion has been closed.