ASPIRE V3-771G-9829: WHAT BLU-RAY BURNER CAN I USE?!

mlauzon
mlauzon Member Posts: 8 New User

I posted the following on NCIX's Manufacturer Support forum, it's been up for almost 3 months, and I have not gotten an answer, so I am posting it here verbatim without any changes.  Maybe I'll have more luck here than I am having there.  So, without further ado:

I have the Acer V3-771G-9829, and I did speak to support, but they were not helpful at all, they told me to call Acer's "store", and they couldn't help me either.

I know some of the other V3-771G models come with a Blu-ray burner, and I'd like to replace the DVD burner in the one I have, but I'd like to know what make of Blu-ray burner you use in the other V3-771Gs, or should I just get any make as long as it's for a laptop?

The 9829 is similar to the one mentioned in the NCIX Product Showcase, although the 9829 has a GeForce GT640M, which I find strange, seeing as how the 9829 is a slightly newer model, you think it'd have the better graphics card!

On a side note, how can I change the main HDD (C) drive into an SSD, seeing as how this laptop has two HDDs, and I want to make the main drive an SSD, and keep the second HDD (D:, storage) as an HDD.

On a second side note, I know this laptop is capable of supporting 32GB of RAM, but to use all that RAM if I was to buy it, I'd need Win7 Pro x64 or Ultimate x64.  So, is it possible to upgrade the OS from Win7 HP x64 to one of the aforementioned OSes?

This discussion has been closed.