ACER Aspire V3-551 Not Working - No Bootable Device

m22good
m22good Member Posts: 4 New User

I recently purchased this laptop with Windows 8 pre-installed (no Acer emergency disk supplied). I ran it a total of 6 times over a month trying to get used to the Windows 8 OS. I got around to updating a pre-installed anti-virus program and the system went to restart itself and froze on boot-up. No F Keys work with Windows 8 (so I've learned) so I'm dead in the water.

What I get when I turn on the laptop: blue window with No Bootable Device Hit Any Key box; OK is the only option and highlighted. Hitting Enter produces a blue screen Boot Manager, with the instructions to Select Options and Enter, but no options are listed. Consequently this is as far as I can go. The laptop hums, fans working, ACER Explore Beyond Limits (ha-ha!) screen appears then goes to the No Bootable Device message.

If ACER had supplied a standard emergency disk with the unit maybe this would have solved my problems as well as others'. Is this a Microsoft or ACER issue? Was there a Rush-to-Market for either ACER hardware or Windows 8 software, or both? If I don't get this fixed (considering the dollars spent on this new laptop, and all the pc's owned over the past 15 years) I'm ready to commit the ultimate blasphemy.

Can anybody out there help?   

Answers

• m22good
    m22good Member Posts: 4 New User

Would an install using a clean, full version of Windows 7 rectify the issue? If I, along with seemingly thousands of others who post their Windows 8 problems online, reformatted our HDs with a full Windows 7 version (not upgrade) install, wouldn't that remedy the situation? I'm considering this as an alternative to playing with the BIOS etc. to save an OS that's bad for my comp anyway. Will this work?   

This discussion has been closed.