ACER ASPIRE 5750 LAPTOP SCREEN PROBLEM...NEED HELP

nitinkaul16
nitinkaul16 Member Posts: 2 New User
I am using an acer aspire 5750 series laptop for the past 2 years and it has been used almost daily, when suddenly a few days ago i noticed something odd on my laptops screen it seemed like a black patch and i thought that something might have stuck on the screen. After cleaning the screen with the cloth and the liquid i couldn't see any results when i finally realized that the black spot on my screen was actually behind the screen. it seems some kind of black lines that are not very dark have appeared on a little right to the middle of the screen and now i have realized that more of these lines are coming up, even though they are not that dark but yet i am afraid about the screen. i even tried taking the screen shot but that black lining spot does not appear on the screen shots.It looks like a map of sri lanka has appeared on my screen out of nowhere. Before i go for a fix to the service place i need to know what exactly has happened. i don't want those guys to trick me and make me change my whole screen it would be very great if any one of you experts could help me out.

Answers

• JayMor81
    JayMor81 Member Posts: 17 New User

Unfortunately the black blotch on the screen indicates that the actual screen is broken. The black blotch is actually the LCD liquid leaking from within the screen.

That said, the only way to use the system properly is to connect it to an external  video source. To resolve the issue, however, the screen would need to be replaced altogether.

Hope this helps.

• nitinkaul16
    nitinkaul16 Member Posts: 2 New User

Thanks a lot Jay, but i don't but i dont think that my screen has any damages cause if it would have been damaged then the contents behind that broken area would not be visible, but they are, hence everything is perfectly visible behind that black spot on the scren.

I am gonna put up some pictures which i took from my cell phone, maybe they can be of a little help to understand the situation.

I would really appreciate any kind of help.screen_problem 

• grenada_cat
    grenada_cat Member Posts: 11 New User

From your description I agree with nitinkaul16.  The  screen has developed a fault and needs to be replaced.

Replacing the screen is pretty straightforward, the cost varies on size and whether CCFL or LED but approx 50-75GBP for most screens, and about 20-30 minutes work to replace it. 

if you are not comfortable doing it yourself any good repair shop will do the job for you.

• grenada_cat
    grenada_cat Member Posts: 11 New User

sorry I emant I agree with JayMor81Smiley Happy

This discussion has been closed.