A100 mass storage in order to recover files

jlkk
jlkk Member Posts: 2 New User

I have an A100 and all the pictures and videos suddenly disappeared one day.  I've been trying to recover the files but the problem that seems to prevent me from doing a recovery is that the A100 cannot be recognized as a mass storage device (doesn't show up with a drive letter on the computer and so none of the recovery software can recognize the device).  I've updated all the drivers on my computer and have tried MTP and PTP and also USB debugging on the tablet.

Any suggestions?

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,672 Trailblazer

Which version of Android do you have on your A100? You can use a file manager to find them with any of the OS versions, but I can only vouch for mounting it as a USB disk on the latest 4.0.3 that I'm running. On mine you set developer options to allow debugging with USB and it shows up as a drive or two.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • jlkk
    jlkk Member Posts: 2 New User

Thanks for the reply.  It's running on 4.0.3, and I've tried with machines running Windows XP and 7.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,672 Trailblazer

Check your developer options and make sure you have a checkmark next to USB debugging. You can also copy files between Android and Windows using most file managers. They typically support Samba, which allows you to mount a Windows filesystem. I'm using one called "File Manager". The only complaint I was is it doesn't do NETBIOS naming, so I have to use the IP address instead of machine name to connect to the Windows machine.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
This discussion has been closed.