20 gb ssd not being used on Acer Aspire s3 ?

lbj2310
lbj2310 Member Posts: 2 New User

I purchased an acer aspire s3 with a 500GB HDD and 20GB SSD with the impression that the OS and boot files would be on

the SSD for enhanced performance. But when I go to disk management it says every partition on the SSD has 100 % free space? Do I need to reinstall the OS on the SSD to see any performance improvements?

Answers

• Too51oll
    Too51oll Member Posts: 16

Tinkerer

OS won't be installed to SSD (it's possible with very little space left over after installing necessary drivers, forget about windows updates), it should be used for caching in this configuration. What's the sizes of partitions on your SSD? Does it add up to roughly 18.5GB?

• lbj2310
    lbj2310 Member Posts: 2 New User

Yeah theres a 3.74 gb partition and a 14.9 gb partition so 18.64gb total. So even though in disk management it's telling me theyre empty, it's still being utilized?

• Too51oll
    Too51oll Member Posts: 16

Tinkerer

I'm not sure, but you can check that. First download latest Intel® Rapid Storage Technology here, and install it, reboot. Find it's icon in notification area, double click it.RST105-1.jpg

If it looks like this, it's working. Notice Acceleration mode, you will most likely have it set to Enchanced mode. It can be changed under Accelerate tab.

Enhanced mode (default): Acceleration optimized for data protection.
    Maximized mode: Acceleration optimized for input/output performance

This discussion has been closed.