touchpad sensitivity

JTACER
JTACER Member Posts: 7 New User

Aspire 4720z. Very frustrating trying to type on this this as the cursor jumps all over the place, I'm assuming due to an oversensitive touchpad.  Any way to adjust so it is not so sensitive?

Answers

• freeza
    freeza Member Posts: 1,316 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon

Good day

Touchpad jumping all over is caused touchpad being faulty. Changing sensetivity will not help.

Regards,

Freeza

• JTACER
    JTACER Member Posts: 7 New User

touchpad works find when I am actually using it. It is just when I am typing, I think my hands get too close to the touchpad and the cursor moves.

• diiorio
    diiorio Member Posts: 14 New User

You can toggle it off or on. Or change sensitvity in the control panel...mouse. A tab there also can be changed so if you plug in a usb reciever and mouse it will shut of the touch panel automatically.

• diiorio
    diiorio Member Posts: 14 New User

Another note. THe pad loosk for gestures, turnign gestures off will prevent some odd palm restign behavior (as if sensign 2 figners)

Sensitivity does help. There are plenty of feaures to adjust. REmember certain area swips interacte with windows 8, such as slidign open side bars (charms and settings). May want to turn it off and make it so you move the mouse to that corner of screen.

This discussion has been closed.