2012 Archives

This page has been archived.

The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information, and links on this page to other sites may not work. This page has been archived for future reference.

See our Discussion Forums for more current content.

Topic

Visitor
bfcnet

i have a extensa 4420 boots to black screen after default factory disc install

backlight is off and on at cold startup. bios update or what?

Super Contributor
Joshua188

Re: i have a extensa 4420 boots to black screen after default factory disc install

Well there is no BIOS update for the Extensa 4420 series so this may be an issue with the backlight on the unit.

“No one messes around with a nerd’s computer and escapes unscathed.”
― E.A. Bucchianeri
Visitor
bfcnet

Re: i have a extensa 4420 boots to black screen after default factory disc install

it will do this on ac with battery installed but not on battery only ac unpluged or ac only battery removed

Super Contributor
Joshua188

Well the other thought here would be this may be an issue with the power settings on the unit. Ty going under the Control panel and adjusting the settings for the display.

“No one messes around with a nerd’s computer and escapes unscathed.”
― E.A. Bucchianeri

Welcome, Guest

Not A Member?   Register
Help
Language:
Member Highlight

Long time Acer Community member and leader Padgett has reached a new milestone of 1500 posts helping and guiding others to solution. Please join me in congratulating Padgett on this accomplishment.

ACE Pioneer

Did you know?

Acer Community is also available in the following languages: