cd/DVD player not recognized in device manager

kcrtl
kcrtl Member Posts: 1 New User

The cd/DVD player in my acer Aspire 5745 isn't recognized in device manager.  I tried uninstalling the device and rebooting, butthat didn't help.  When the laptop starts up, I can hear the drive spin as Windows 7 tried to install the device  Then the error message comes up saying that the device could not be installed.

Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Steve

Answers

• andydowen
    andydowen Member Posts: 3 New User

kcrtl wrote:

The cd/DVD player in my acer Aspire 5745 isn't recognized in device manager.  I tried uninstalling the device and rebooting, butthat didn't help.  When the laptop starts up, I can hear the drive spin as Windows 7 tried to install the device  Then the error message comes up saying that the device could not be installed.

Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Steve

Bonjour Steve,

S'agit'il du même problème que ma question:"Lecteur CD Rom en panne"? Voir le sujet de ce jour ce matin vers 11h!

J'avoue que je n'ai pas encore essayé beaucoup de solutions hormis... suivre les infos de windows et tenter d'installer le driver proposé via le web...ce qui n'a pas remédié à ce disfonctionnement.

Qu'en penses-tu?

Andydowen

• Joshua188
    Joshua188 Member Posts: 523 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon

well if you have tried and reinstall the driver and the issue remains try a restore and if all else fails you may need to replace the ODD

This discussion has been closed.