Where can I download the firmware for my Acer p3250 projector?

xeno
xeno Member Posts: 2 New User

I have gone to the support page and it says to contact Acer customer service for the bios (I assume this is the section the firmware would be under).  Problem is that my warrenty is not valid so I cannot contact customer support in any way.  I am working on the projector for a friend and have read that I can upgrade the firmware to the p3251 firmware.  If I can get that firmware it would be great but even if not I would like to be able to get a copy of the original firmware and DLP composer to reinstall it on the machine.

Thank you! 

Answers

• freeza
    freeza Member Posts: 1,316 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon

Good day

The firmware is not for external use, only internal use according to my understanding. In South Africa, we do take projectors in for firmware upgrade if any for out of warranty projectors. Rather get some clarity from the Acer Support Team or Service Manager, im sure you should be able to take it in.

Regards,

Freeza

• xeno
    xeno Member Posts: 2 New User

I tried to contact customer care like it said on the support page under bios in the download section, but since the projectors are out of warrenty they will give me no information.  

It just bothers me that they will not release this.  Considering the software was purchased with the product and in the service manual it has instructions on how to reinstall or upgrade the firmware you would assume that it would be available to the public.  I understand paying for support from them if I did not want to do the upgrade myself, after all it is out of warrenty and they would have to work on it but it just doesn't seem right that we cannot do it ourselves once its already out of warrenty anyways.

The whole reason I am asking though is because the projector has the defect where it will turn on and prompt for an admin password.  Thing is it was never set to anything and never turned on and the default "1234" will not work.  I have read in quite a few places online where other people have this issue but I cannot find a solution other then send it to Acer and hope they fix it.

Thank you for your time and response though I do really appreciate it!

This discussion has been closed.