Lost my ability to connect to my ACER LCD Screen via Laptop

Teweg
Teweg Member Posts: 2 New User

Running Windows 7 on a Toshiba Satellite P755 when windows updated  lost my ability to connect to my ACER Screen, I tried to reinstall it but no luck is this a Toshiba problem or an ACER Problem,  And how do I get it to hook backup?

Answers

• freeza
    freeza Member Posts: 1,316 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon

Good day

Windows update runs on a source (laptop, destop etc) not monitor. Test your monitor on another source.

Regards,

Freeza

• Fletcher-Acer
    Fletcher-Acer VIP Posts: 92 Fixer WiFi Icon

If you were using the external RGB monitor port and this was functioning as design until a windows update, these are some of things you may try to resolve this issue.

1. Use the SYSTEM RESTORE to fix this. Go to START, ALL PROGRAMS, ACCESSORIES, SYSTEM TOOLS and SYSTEM RESTORE to use a point in time to repair this issue.
    2. If the LCD monitor function as design on another computer there nothing wrong with the monitor. Also, Press FN+F5 hot key in order to change the display priority and ensure that it is not set for the internal display only.

NOTES: According to the SatelliteP750/P755 user’s manual[PROBLEM SOLVING page 8-20] when a external monitor is set as the primary display device in the extended desktop mode, it will not display when the computer wakes up from SLEEP MODE if the external monitor has been disconnected while in SLEEP or HIBERATION MODE. Remember to turn off the computer before disconnecting the external monitor. When the display panel and the external monitor are set to clone mode and they are turned off by the timer, the display panel or external monitor may not display when turned on again.

LINK: user-manual-TOSHIBA-SATELLITE P755-E.pdf

http://mypdfmanuals.com/user-manual,TOSHIBA,SATELLITE+P755,3883550.pdf

This discussion has been closed.