Last Acer I will ever own!

usedtolikeacer
usedtolikeacer Member Posts: 1 New User

This is my third acer laptop in 10 years. I purchased it almost 4 years ago. Two months ago it was having some issues, so I dug out the restore disks that were created when I first purchased this comp, because Acer does not supply a restore disk with this model. The restore disks caused an irreversable crash.

Acer wishes to charge for a restore disk that should have been included with the new purchase.

so I did some research and found that for a few dollars more I could obtain a new Windows OS disk. clean install without any excess programs.... yes!!!

so my choices were,

to purchase the restore disk with all the excess crapware that Acer decides we should have without our approval,

or an outdated no longer supported windows OS, XP

or an almost outdated OS that will be discontinuing support this year.... Windows Vista is the windows 98 of the NT series... without the gaming speed.

I did run Ubuntu OS for a while. I was rather impressed that my system ran cooler and performed like new! The only down side was that Linux OS was not compatable with the online games that I have sunk oodles of cash into.

so I did some checking and found that my system should be compatable for Windows 7... it MOSTLY is...

Acer does not deem it profitable to continue driver support to match its "older" products to the new softwares.

a restore disk included with Acer products would have kept me well enough satified that I probably would still be a loyal Acer customer... likewise, updated drivers would have done wonders...

But, it seems as if Acer is no longer the customer oriented, dependable product that it used to be. so I am looking at other brands which seem to have better performance standards and, from what I have been reading, much better customer care.

good luck with your acer products.

This discussion has been closed.