I have the Acer Aspire one it will not print, states The handle is invalid...what does that mean

wildharleyhogs
wildharleyhogs Member Posts: 2 New User

I have connected a Brother printer to the Aspire one and it shows the Brother is hooked up but when trying to print out pops the "The handle is invalid"  Cannot figure out what is going on...anyone have any info?

Answers

• JC_1234
    JC_1234 Member Posts: 198 Troubleshooter

How are you connecting the printer to the Aspire One, which Aspire One are you referring to, and what operating system are you using?

• wildharleyhogs
    wildharleyhogs Member Posts: 2 New User

The Aspire One is from several years ago and it has no DVD which I just hocked up, but the MFC-210C does not load to the Acer as this is Windows 7Starter and the Brother disc on goes to Windows XP so I don't know what the connection would be.  The printer is connected via the USB and shows up on the compurter but won't print.

• JC_1234
    JC_1234 Member Posts: 198 Troubleshooter

If the Aspire One you are using comes with Windows 7 Starter you can go out to the Brother website and see if they have newer drivers for it. I've tracked down the drivers for that printer, why don't you go out there and download their Windows 7 drivers and see if that fixes it: http://welcome.solutions.brother.com/bsc/public/us/us/en/dlf/download_top.html?reg=us&c=us&lang=en&prod=mfc210c_all

This discussion has been closed.