Aspire V3 Windows 8 WiFi Issues and re-installing Windows 7

AndrewBrooker
AndrewBrooker Member Posts: 2 New User

Hi all,

I'm after a little help please.

I recently had an Acer Aspire V3 771 delivered for a student that I am trying to get working.

Firstly, after going through the Windows 8 installation procedure, the wireless seemd to completely fail.  The FN+F3 key stroke merely switches on flight mode. Windows seems to think that there are no connections for it to find.  The Acer tools pre-installed seem to think that the wireless is switched on, but again, no joy in finding a connection.

So the decision has been made to upgrade it to Windows 7.

However, no matter where I look, I can't seem to find my way into the BIOS to get it to boot from the CD to re-install windows (obviously it won't allow me to run the W7 installation from within W8)

Any ideas, musings or advice would be great please.

Thank you in advance

Answers

• JayMor81
    JayMor81 Member Posts: 17 New User

to access BIOS in Win8, you have to go to Charms>Settings>Change PC Settings>General>Advanced Startup>Restart Now>Troubleshoot>Advanced Options>UEFI Firmware Settings>Restart. Whenn system restarts, you will be in BIOS.. go to the boot tab in BIOS and under Boot Mode, change setting to Legacy BIOS.. make sure your Win7 recovery CDs are in drive, press Enter on OK, then F10 to Save settings and exit..

When system recovery is completed for Windows 7, go to Acer website and download all up to date system BIOS drivers (wireless, etc.). when drivers are all up to date, you should then be able to redo the upgrade with Windows 8 with no issues..

Happy Trails and Best of Luck to you :-)

• AndrewBrooker
    AndrewBrooker Member Posts: 2 New User

Apologies for the lack of reply.

I found my way around, doing exactly as you said, thank you very much for the help.

It didn't fix my issue though, got win7 installed and the wireless is still refusing to work!

• Carmemnh
    Carmemnh Member Posts: 1 New User

Recebi informação  de que não e´mais necessário desconectar a bateria do Notebook quando estiver usando a rede elétrica. Esta informação procede?

This discussion has been closed.