empowering technology for windows 7

Alejandro0805
Alejandro0805 Member Posts: 4 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

I have a Aspire 6920G notebook with original VISTA HOME PREMIUM OS. I performed an upgrade of the OS, changing to Windows 7, 64 bits, but it is impossible to restore the Empowering Technology and Visual Surround Sound functionality to the notebook.

Can everyone experienced this kind of problem ?, which is the solution for that ?. Thanks a lot in advance

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,430 Trailblazer

Have you tried to download and install the Vista empowering technology drivers on Win7?

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers 

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Alejandro0805

Good night Jack,

Thanks for your answer. Yes, I downloaded the Empowering Technology drivers belongs to Vista (using your link), to my actual OS Windows 7 and they do not work. An error message appears indicating ¨wrong OS¨.

Do you have other solution on that ?.Thanks in advance,

Alejandro

• JackE

I was afraid of that Alejandro. Sorry but I thought it was worth a try. I think about as close as you can get to the original WinVista Empowering tech app is to download the Win7 Launch mgr app and see how that works out for you. However, in any case, I believe the surround sound functionality should be accessible in Win7 but not in exactly the same way you were used to doing it under WinVista. It may require adjusting sound settings in Control Panel. I suggest you open Control Panel, search for "sound", and start playing around with some of the sound card settings if you haven't done so already. Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

• Alejandro0805

Good evening Jack,

I could the Realtek speakers works fine, but I couldn´t find a solution for the Empowering Technology features. When I press the e switch on the upper right side, an error message appears indicating wrong OS. I bought this notebook mostly for the ET features and I could not believe I can´t restore functionality because I simply upgrade from VISTA to Windows 7. Please, I wait for any help you can provide for this model of notebook or similar. Any help would be appreciatte. Thanks in advance. Best regards, 

Alejandro

• JackE

OK Alejandro. Let's try this. Do a cold boot. Immediately after pushing the power button. Press and hold the Alt key while tapping the F10 key. Does a screen appear that looks anything like this image? Jack E/NJET.jpg

Jack E/NJ

• Alejandro0805

Good Night Jack, 

Yes, a screen like the photo you attached appeared when I press alt and F10 keys. What do you suggest to do on that ?. I wait for your comments. Best regards,

Alejandro

• JackE

>>>I bought this notebook mostly for the ET features>>>

As noted previously, I believe the surround sound functionality should be accessible using Win7 control panel application but not in the same way it is done under the WinVista Empowering Technology application. WinVista supports the ET application. But Win7 apparently does NOT. So, Alejandro, what the Alt+F10 screen means is that you have a decision to make.

You can either try to restore your computer to factory default WinVista that would allow you to enable the surround sound features using the Empowering Technology application that you are familiar with---OR---you can keep Win7 and try to enable all these same surround sound features using Win7 control panel application instead of the ET application. 

So, what would you like to do?

Jack E/NJ

PS: You can try to re-install only the WinVista applications/drivers shown on the Alt+F10 screen but I think it might cause other problems. If it were my computer, Alejandro, I think I would try to enable the surround sound features that you want under the Win7 control panel application.

Jack E/NJ