Aspire ES 15 install windows 7

Fred37
Fred37 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited August 2023 in 2018 Archives

Hi all,

I have to install windows 7 on Aspire ES 15 (ES1-533-C4BY) and there's some problems.

Bios version is V1.04. So, I disabled the secure Boot.

Legacy boot can't be selected in boot mode (UEFI only) (is there a hidden way to enable this option ?).

And when I try to install windows from USB key, booting on the key works correctly, Black screen is displayed with Windows picture ... and it freezes.

Have you got some idea ?

Many Thanks

Fred

Best Answer

• Fred37
    Answer ✓

@ironFly many thanks for bios upgrade. I did it but unfortunatelly the issue stay alive.

@Trukntigger many thanks for your suggestion, I tried with USB 3.0 plug and USB 2.0 plug  (same thing with USB key) ...So can't arrive to anything.

I tried with official an unofficiel ISO same thing.

In fact, I formated the main DD and the installation works only with Win10 DVD.

It's nightmare.

Anyway, many thanks for your help and if you think to another stuff, don't hesitate.

Answers

• Fred37

Hi All,

This is some additional information:

The target is to install Windows 7 on the ES 15 laptop with an USB Key.

So, USB key was built with Rufus, this options used to do it:

• Partition: GPT for UEFI
    • Fat 32 (8192 Bytes)
    • Iso was downloaded with Windows ISO Downloader and the ISO name is Win7_Pro_SP1_French_COEM_x64.iso

This is some screenshot of Bios:

Bios Main optionsBios Main optionsBios security optionsBios security optionsBios Boot optionsBios Boot options

During USB Boot start, files are loded from usb key and after few seconds, the process stop on next screen20170525_065729.jpg

If somebody can help, it will be really appreciate :-D

Thanks

Fred

[edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, email addresses, phone numbers, full serial numbers, etc.]

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

first of all update BIOS to 1.08 (improve performance)

https://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/BIOS/BIOS/BIOS_Acer_1.08_A_A.zip?acerid=636233553840766449&Step1=NOTEBOOK&Step2=ASPIRE&Step3=ASPIRE%20ES1-533&OS=ALL&LC=en&BC=ACER&SC=PA_6

as far as i know, no one was successfull to install windows 7 under EFI on this laptop.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Trukntigger
    Trukntigger Member Posts: 256 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon

It's a 2 part problem, the USB ports lack driver support during install under Win7. Next is  lack of eufi support under Win7. Now add in lack of driver support from Microsoft/Intel for Win7 with the new hardware and issue compounds. 

If you really want to do this I'd use a DVD install for starters. Slipstream the drivers or at least unzip and add to the DVD for use. Confirm your plugged into the USB 2.0 port using say a USB DVD device. Disable secure boot and use a "test" hard drive so as not too loose setup on original drive. Cross fingers and get it working, then you could safely wipe the original drive and use that. All this said, maybe better off using a Linux build if you really don't want Win10. 

• Fred37
    Answer ✓

@ironFly many thanks for bios upgrade. I did it but unfortunatelly the issue stay alive.

@Trukntigger many thanks for your suggestion, I tried with USB 3.0 plug and USB 2.0 plug  (same thing with USB key) ...So can't arrive to anything.

I tried with official an unofficiel ISO same thing.

In fact, I formated the main DD and the installation works only with Win10 DVD.

It's nightmare.

Anyway, many thanks for your help and if you think to another stuff, don't hesitate.

• cesarsupport
    cesarsupport Member Posts: 1 New User
    673/5000
    It's simple.

- The configuration must be in UEFI mode and touchpad in basic mode.
    - First you must load the operating system in a USB stick and add the USB 3.0 driver. With this you can install the S.O in a normal way.
    - Once the installation is complete, the system will boot, but the USB, network and device ports will not work.
    - In order to install the drivers, what I did was start with Linux Mint from USB and copy the dvivers USB 3.0 and LAN to the Windows 7 desktop.
    - Once you install the USB 3.0 and LAN drivers in Windows 7, you can start to install the other drivers without problems, either by downloading them or copying them from some USB media.

This is an image of an Aspire ES1-572-36JZ with all the installed drivers: https://www.delbiobio.cl/techimages/Aspire.jpg
  • Halwagie
    Halwagie Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited October 2018
    Please help I want to install Windows 7 on my Acer es1-523-82n . the laptop is running on endless Os 3. I can't boot with my bootable win 7 USB stick .