No sound after Windows 10 update in using Aspire TimelineX 3830TG

jie_y
jie_y Member Posts: 10 New User

Hello, I have an Aspire TimelineX 3830TG and I updated from Windows 7 to 10. At first, there is sound after installing Windows 10 but after some system updates, you'll see the speaker icon showing "no audio output device installed" and now I don't have any sound. I've seen some post about going to Realtek.com website to download the sound driver for win10 from there but I am not sure about the correct link for TimelineX 3830TG sound driver. Please help. Thank you.\

Jie

Answers

• GuruAid-CS
    GuruAid-CS Member Posts: 467 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon

To help you troubleshoot the issue for no sound from the computer after upgrading to Windows 10 operating system, please find the link given below and follow on screen instructions step-by-step:
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Hope this will help you.

• jie_y

Hello sir, I did try updating the driver by letting Windows automatically search for the best driver and it returned a result that the one I currently have is already the best driver for my device - which currently shows "Intel(R) Display Audio". I tried to reboot and nothing happens. The speaker icons still shows "No Audio Output device is installed". Please help. Thank you.

Jie

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder

Windows 10 likes to update drivers from Windows Update, but they are not Acer drivers. Do this,

http://winsupersite.com/windows-10/stop-automatic-driver-updates-windows-10

No, let me choose and Never install

Then download this driver and extract it to a new folder on your desktop.

AudioConexantAudio Driver8.54.39.5077.4 MB2012/10/18Download

Go to Control Panel/ Programs and uninstall the audio driver.

Open the new folder and click on the new driver and install, Do not reboot.

After the install is finished, go to the driver and open the DolbyGUI folder, and 

install the Dolby Home Theater.msi. Reboot and see if it worked.

• jie_y

Hello Ace,

Your solution worked for about  5months and just two weeks ago, I lost the sound again. I tried doing the same steps, but did not work now. I unistalled the audio driver, did not reboot, and installed the dolby home theater, but now it says "PCEE needs to be installed".

Do you have any suggestion, on how to re-install the PCEE, and I will try to install again the Dolby Home Theater.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Jie

• In the Anniversary update, MS changed the "Stop Win 10 from installing devive drivers". It looks like this now,

Win 10 stop drivers.jpg

Last week I tried this on a fresh anniversary install and then watched Windows 10 install a Intel graphics driver.

I'm guessing you upgraded to the Anniversary update.

Try to downgrade back.

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/how-downgrade-windows-10-anniversary-update-before-its-too-late-1574488

• jie_y

hello ace,

it looks like i am still using the 1511 build. below are the updates that are still available and not yet installed. 

• Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 for x64-based Systems (KB3185614)

• Feature update to Windows 10, version 1607

the latest update that i see installed is: Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 for x64-based Systems (KB3185614)

how do i bring back the sound on my laptop?

jie

• padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder

First update to KB - 366 build 1607 and then try the original fix again.

• jie_y

Hello,

I updated to the new build. When I go to the driver, I can only see the Sound, Video and Game Controllers and below that is the Intel(R) Display Audio driver only. I cannot find any other audio driver installed. I tried to unistall this driver but after that, the whole Sound, Video and Game Controllers menu was gone so I cannot install the conexant driver that I downloaded. Tried to close the system menu and when I open, I see the Sound, Video and Game Controllers menu again and the Intel(R) Display Audio driver is there again.

Please help. Thanks.

Untitled-2 copy.jpg

• jie_y

Hello,

I updated to the new build. When I go to the driver, I can only see the Sound, Video and Game Controllers and below that is the Intel(R) Display Audio driver only. I cannot find any other audio driver installed. I tried to unistall this driver but after that, the whole Sound, Video and Game Controllers menu was gone so I cannot install the conexant driver that I downloaded. Tried to close the system menu and when I open, I see the Sound, Video and Game Controllers menu again and the Intel(R) Display Audio driver is there again.

Please help. Thanks.

Untitled-2 copy.jpg

• jie_y

Hello,

I cannot for the first option because when I click on the speaker icon and under the Playback option it shows 'no audio output device is installed. The second option, I have tried that before and didn't work.

Jie

• jie_y

hello philetus, i tried the link, followed the instructions, still no luck.

jonn

• philetus

Have you tried this:

1. Open Device Manager, right-click (or tap and hold) your audio driver > Update driver software... > Browse my computer for driver software > Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer, select High Definition Audio Device, select Next, and follow the instructions to install it.
  • jie_y

Hello,

I can only see Intel (R) Display Audio. I am not sure if I should change/update the Intel Display Audio as I believe I need this driver when I connect my laptop to the TV. Right now, I hook my laptop to the TV so that I can hear audio while doing some video editing. Once I unplug the HDMI then the icon goes back to the no sound and am afraid to change/update the Intel Display Audio as am currently in the middle of editing some videos. 

Please advise if you will still recommend to do this way?

Thanks.

jie

• philetus

The Intel Display audio is for a HDMI connected monitor or, in your case, TV. It is like a second sound card and updating the laptop audio shouldn't affect it.

• jie_y
    Hello,

After trying different ways how to re-enable sound, I have decided to go back to Windows 7. Can you let me know how to re-install Windows 7? I have a restore file saved last year but not sure how will that work. In case I need to do a fresh re-install, can you point me to where can I get Win 7 and I will use the product key in the laptop sticker. Thank you so much for your help.

Jie
  • philetus

What kind of a restore file do you have?

See PM.

• blake
    blake Member Posts: 16 Troubleshooter

when you upgrade to win 10 you have to reinstall all drivers on the laptop. Win 10 does not have drivers.

i do not use 10 because of this problem. and my customers came to me with the same problems. so i had to reinstall their drivers to get everything up and running. try reinstalling for the sound card. hope this helps.