Driver for Monitor G277HL

Franksr
Franksr Member Posts: 2 New User

My new G277HL 27" Monitor shows up in Windows 10 as Generic with a Generic 2006 driver.

Is there a new driver or software I can download to correct this?

Thank you,

Best Answer

• Franksr
    Answer ✓

I tried using the latest driver on Acer's web site but Windows 10 would not take it and replies that the Generic

driver is the most current. I also have other older monitors that are from a different manufacturer that Windows 10

identifies and uses their drivers?  I finally contacted Acer and they said they do not develope the drivers, it's Microsoft

that does and to contact them. The generic driver seems to work okay but I would prefer it to say Acer by name rather

than Generic. 

Answers

• techy
    techy Member Posts: 56 Troubleshooter

try the windows 8 driver on acer driver page, windows 10 will run fine with most windows 7/8/8.1 drivers, by default windows 10 uses the generic monitor settings and works fine for most but the driver on acers page is from 2008 for windows 8.

• techy

sorry the listed driver is 2014 not 2008 like i stated, give it a try, should work fine.

• Franksr
    Answer ✓

I tried using the latest driver on Acer's web site but Windows 10 would not take it and replies that the Generic

driver is the most current. I also have other older monitors that are from a different manufacturer that Windows 10

identifies and uses their drivers?  I finally contacted Acer and they said they do not develope the drivers, it's Microsoft

that does and to contact them. The generic driver seems to work okay but I would prefer it to say Acer by name rather

than Generic. 

• techy

i use two monitors one being an acer of which windows 10 does identify and another being Asus which windows 10 did not identify and recorded as being generic, i used  the inf file from asus site of which was designed for windows 8 and windows 10 accepted it but to note it does not add any special functions just as you want, it states what monitor it is, windows generic monitor does work well, my graphics driver does pick up what the monitors are corrrectly, and uses the the monitors to there correct functions of which is most important.