Acer Predator GN246HL Windows 10 driver?

Karim-21K
Karim-21K Member Posts: 3 New User
edited February 14 in 2020 Archives

Hello folks,

I just bought a Acer Predator GN246HL monitor and I am having an issue installing the drivers for this monitor. Whenever I go into the monitor properties the driver shows up as "Generic PnP Monitor" with a driver dating back to 2006. I installed my GTX 980 without any issues and I can access the Nvidia control panel on Windows 10. Whenever I go into the Nvidia control panel my monitor is listed as "Acer Predator GN246HL" but not when I go into the settings of my monitor itself in "device manager" for example - where its listed as "Generic PnP Monitor". I tried downloading & installing the driver from the website but the message I get is that the monitor ( Generic PnP Monitor) already has the latest driver.

Any idea guys?

Answers

• kgall1225
    kgall1225 Member Posts: 1 New User

I am having the same problem, connected with HDMI, Generic PNP Monitor and this monitor only has incompatible windows 8 drivers, I have windows 10. What should I do?

• Karim-21K
    Karim-21K Member Posts: 3 New User

I found the answer to this some time ago. It is supposed to be say "Generic PNP Monitor" in Win 10. It´s only a visual "bug"if you can call it that. If you go into the control panel of your graphics card (Nvidia controlpanel" or "AMD Catalyst Control" I think its called -  you should find the name of ur monitor there. If that is the case everything is working fine. So just ignore the "monitor" properties menu.

• Ap2099
    Ap2099 Member Posts: 35 Troubleshooter

Hello,

You are heafing in the right direction!! In order for this work, you have to uninstall the driver then reinstall it again. This is the only way it will sucessfuly install.

If you found this to be solved, please hit that slove button. Thank you.

• Nutrix
    Nutrix Member Posts: 1 New User
    Karim-21K said:

I found the answer to this some time ago. It is supposed to be say "Generic PNP Monitor" in Win 10. It´s only a visual "bug"if you can call it that. If you go into the control panel of your graphics card (Nvidia controlpanel" or "AMD Catalyst Control" I think its called -  you should find the name of ur monitor there. If that is the case everything is working fine. So just ignore the "monitor" properties menu.

Did you really find the solution? Are you running at 144hz as the monitor should allow? I was running a 970(144hz) and swapped to a 1080 but the monitor is now a PnP and im not getting more than 60hz.
  • helm
    helm Member Posts: 1 New User
    i FIXED it , so just uninstall ur display driver from device manager and restart . you get ur 144hz 
    what i figured is During windows update it installed some generic update to monitor display just uninstall and enjoy
  • SuReaL
    SuReaL Member Posts: 1 New User
    helm said:
    i FIXED it , so just uninstall ur display driver from device manager and restart . you get ur 144hz 
    what i figured is During windows update it installed some generic update to monitor display just uninstall and enjoy
    what display driver?